A few guidelines to use while looking for your custom made four poster bed.
four poster,bed,beds,mattress,oak,country,custom made,handmade,furniture,maker,manufacturer
For the best Block Paving Dublin company, call Leaf 2 Leaf Landscapes.
To find the best Block Paving Dublin company, click here for Leaf 2 Leaf Landscapes.
You and your partner have decided to buy a new bed, and while searching to the internet you have taken a liking to four poster beds. When you take a closer look for quality four poster beds, there are only a few companies making them, and very few supplying custom, hand made beds. I offer a few tips to help you find a craftsman suitable for helping to make your dreams come true.
1. You want to buy a good brand, with a good reputation in their market, look for testimonials from other customers ranging over several years, supporting product quality and service. A company that trades internationally is usually a good sign. Getting things wrong overseas would be costly to fix, so they will insist on high quality control and customer satisfaction. Ask if your four poster bed comes with a guarantee or warranty. If there is a problem in the future, it is good to know that it will be sorted out.
2. You want comfort. Good quality mattresses are the key to good sleep. Try them out in a shop to make certain that you find the most suitable for you. It is you that will be sleeping on it. Two different mattresses can be zipped together, so you do not have to compromise with your partner, as long as you decide which side of the bed you want.
3. If you are having furniture custom made, then you need someone to answer your questions that knows the product. The ultimate person to talk to is the craftsman making the bed for you. Talk to them on the phone, visit the workshop, or showroom, ask all the questions that concern you, ask for advice, and get what you want. This often means that the company that you are dealing with may not be large; it is a good sign when the person who picks up the phone is the same one that is making your bed.
4. Ask about different styles of bed that are available. You should have a choice of posts, panels (headboards and footboards), woods (hardwoods, such as oak, ash, etc. from local sustainable sources), colours and types of finish and of course mattress size. Look at pictures of the standard range, and other customers’ beds and if there is nothing that suits you, ask whether something can be made that you do like. Some companies are quite happy to make to customer specification, and most beds break down into sensible sized components, for easy access into difficult to get at bedrooms.
5. Do not look for a cheap bed, quality counts. A custom made four poster bed will last for several generations, so please remember that you get what you pay for. Having said that, however, there is no reason why you should not expect good value for money. High street shops and high profile businesses can be unnecessarily expensive, due to their overheads, so just keep looking for good quality materials and craftsmanship.
6. When it comes to delivery of your four poster bed, it is worth paying a small charge for delivery and assembly, with both customer and craftsman happy with the final result. If you are in a different country to the manufacturer, ask for assembly instructions (pictures are often the easiest), and any specialist tools and skills necessary for installation. If your bed is being shipped overseas, please allow for insurance, it is only about two percent of the total value.
These tips should be a good starting point for you to find a furniture maker with a good reputation, who puts customer satisfaction paramount and treats you as an individual. Remember that you spend almost third of your life in bed, so find one that makes you feel good, for generations.